Skip to content
Last modified: March 1, 2017
As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
• What information we collect and why we collect it.
• How we use that information.
• The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers, then read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to Masteries, so please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to you and all of our users, and we do so in the following ways:
Information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to provide your contact information. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, mailing address or telephone number. This enables us to both fulfill and support the products you purchase.
Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you watch a video, or view and interact with our ads and content. This information includes:
We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information). This allows us to understand how you access Masteries and our services so we can develop better and smarter solutions for you in the future.
When you use our services or view content provided by Masteries, we automatically collect and store certain information. This includes:
• details of how you used our service.
• Internet protocol address.
• device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
When you use Masteries services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide Masteries with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
Cookies and similar technologies
We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a Masteries service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services we offer to our partners, such as advertising services or Masteries features that may appear on other sites.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Masteries and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content in the future.
When you contact Masteries, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services.
Masteries processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Masteries unless one of the following circumstances applies:
With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Masteries when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
For external processing
For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Masteries if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
• meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
• enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
• detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
• protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Masteries, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect Masteries and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
• We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
• We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
• We restrict access to personal information to Masteries employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities
Questions and contact information
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, please contact our Privacy Compliance Office at:
or by mail at:
22 Springvale Avenue
Halifax, NS B3N2A2
Have a Question?
Please click on the Messenger icon in the bottom right corner of your screen, ask us your question(s), and we'll be happy to help :-)