Skip to content
The Masteries Naturals Classic Health & Fitness Transformation Challenge
We are excited to have the Health and Fitness Transformation Challenge at the Naturals Classic Championships.
Anyone may register (from any province). This includes any competitors competing in the CPA Nationals qualifying categories at the Masteries Naturals Classic Championships.
You do not need to have any competition experience to compete in the Health & Fitness Transformation Challenge – anyone may enter.
• For the 2019 Naturals Classic Transformation Challenge, there will be 3 classes: 270, 180, and 90. Each represent the number of days out from the Naturals Classic, and is aligned with the Final Registration Date for each class.
• Final Registration Date for Each Transformation Class:
o Transformation 270: July 3, 2018
o Transformation 180: October 1, 2018
o Transformation 90: December 30, 2018
• The Transformation Challenge is open to anyone 18 years of age or older, or those under 18 years of age with a completed and signed Parental Consent of Event Participation Form.
• The audience will judge the winner live at the show. Each audience member will have their own criteria for how they select their favorite transformation, however, there are common factors which most people look for when choosing a transformation challenge winner.
o Most weight lost
o Most muscle gained
o Greatest change in size and shape
o Total physique symmetry
o Stage presentation
• If you win, we will invite you to record a live interview after the show so you can share your transformation story, strategy, and journey so that you can inspire others to complete their own health and fitness transformation.
Why Should You Participate in the Transformation Challenge?
Do you want to transform your life by improving your health, fitness, and physique? If so, then this is definitely for you. We will help you along the way by providing a community of like-minded people to go on your transformation journey with you.
And remember, not only will you get in to amazing shape, but you’ll also change your mind, spirit, and emotional wellbeing too.
Plus, you’ll have pictures and videos of your transformation to remind you of what you accomplished, and to remind you of a major turning point in your life.
For many, having sincere appreciation for your transformation is a big confidence booster – and it’s mentally, emotionally, and spiritually satisfying. The Naturals Classic will have that kind of audience. An audience that truly appreciates, and understands, all of the hard work that goes into transforming one’s health, fitness, and physique.
There’s no better way to feel good about yourself, and all of the hard work you put into improving yourself, than to be in front of an audience who will sincerely appreciate you, and your amazing transformation.
Transformation Challenge Entry Rules
The audience will need to see where you started from so they can see all of the hard work you put into your transformation. In order to see the changes, we’ll need you to take a video of yourself to introduce yourself to them, as well to show them your starting point.
We’ll need the video to be in focus and taken from appropriate angles in good lighting. We suggest you record the video by either:
a) placing your video recording device at your eye-level, or
b) have someone record a video of you at your eye-level.
The video must not be edited, cut, spliced, or joined in any way. It must be a continuous video completing all of the following elements.
A short bio about you (a few seconds will do), and why you are entering the Transformation Challenge.
Then, continuing the video, you’ll need to have your full body in the frame, for a minimum of 3 seconds, while completing each of the following five positions/poses described below. (Don’t worry about being perfect on the video, just be yourself. If you make a mistake that’s ok! Everyone makes them, and it makes you appear more “real” to others.)
1) Front (Newspaper) shot – Facing camera with one arm at your side and other arm holding a current newspaper visibly showing the date. This should be a current issue of the national or local newspaper in order to validate the day you took the video. Please read the date of the newspaper, and the headline for one of the stories on the front page.
2) Front – Without the newspaper, facing camera with arms at your side, hold for 3 seconds.
3) Side – Turn 90 degrees to the camera with your arms at your side, hold for 3 seconds.
4) Back – Turn 90 degrees to face away from the camera, with your arms at your side, holding for 3 seconds.
5) Side – Then turn 90 degrees to with your other side to the camera, with your arms at your side, again holding for 3 seconds.
Only the above 5 positions need to be full body head to toe. It is very important that for all of the shots without a newspaper, that you have your arms down at your sides and not covering your waist in any way.
Transformation Challenge Attire
Clothing for both contest videos and contest day, is a healthy and fit/athletic look which clearly shows your physique. To show your physique the best, compression/tight fitting athletic clothing is the ideal choice.
The key is for you to feel comfortable while showing off your newly transformed athletic body, and providing the audience a good look at your physique so they can more easily see your transformation.
• Both men and women may wear shorts of any length to full-length compression pants/tights. Example:
• Both men and women may wear a compression/tight fitting shirt – long, short, or no sleeves. Example:
• Women may opt to wear a sports bra instead of a shirt. Example:
• Men may opt to not wear a shirt, and may choose to go shirtless.
The Week Before the Transformation Challenge
• Between Sunday, March 17, 2019 and Saturday, March 23, 2019, you will need to create and submit your Transformation Wrap Up video, talking about your transformation journey, progress, and success.
• It doesn’t have to be long. A couple of minutes is all we need. But if you want to talk longer, feel free to take as much time as you like.
Eligibility Requirements and Information
• The videos must be authentic, and must not be altered, filtered, modified, edited, cut, spliced, or joined in any way. It must be a continuous video including all of the elements specified in the Transformation Challenge Entry Rules. If any video tampering is evident you will be immediately disqualified.
• The date on the paper must match the day you begin your Transformation Challenge.
• High-quality videos (720p or higher) are recommended to show the best detailed results.
• Unusually revealing or provocative videos will be deemed invalid.
• The purpose of the videos is to demonstrate a clear body transformation that has been achieved through hard work, effort and determination in completing a comprehensive nutrition and exercise regimen.
• The file format for videos is .mp4 (preferred), .mov, or .avi.
• Participants should take the videos in front of a white or light-colored solid backdrop for optimal visibility. Since the video with the newspaper is for verification of the date of the video, the date and/or headline must be visible in the video submitted.
The audience will be provided with instructions and details at the event on how to vote for their favorite transformation contestant.
A part of each contestant’s entry information will be available for the audience to view on NaturalsClassic.com, in order to help each audience member determine which transformation contestant to vote for. This information will include: the name of the contestant, their stats, their before and after videos.
Each audience member is unique and has their own opinion / preference on who will become the winner of the Transformation Challenge.
A total of all audience member votes will be calculated by the promoters and placings will be determined from the final count.
• The category will be presented and the results will be announced at the show after intermission.
• Before the awards are given out, all contestants will be presented to the audience. The following are the presentation procedures.
o All contestants will be called out on stage and introduced individually. Each contestant will then be directed to line up on either side of the stage by the stage marshal.
o All contestants must wear the compression/tight fitting clothing, as outlined in the Transformation Challenge Attire section, while on stage.
o Sponsors will be called on stage to present the Transformation Challenge Awards.
o Top 3 winners will be called out and will proceed to Front Center Stage. Placings will then be announced – 3rd, 2nd, and 1st place Winners.
o The rest of the class will be thanked, applauded and dismissed, guided by the stage marshal to exit the stage while the TOP 3 Transformation Challenge winners will remain on stage for photos.
Terms and Conditions
All entries become the property of the Promoter and will not be returned.
Promoters and its advertising and promotion agencies assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, illegible, incomplete, postage-due, garbled or misdirected entries or entries that have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy the Contest Rules or for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry to be received or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the contest.
Promoters reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, or suspend this Contest should external circumstances arise which are beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters. The Promoters are not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest.
Promoters will collect your personal information for the purposes of registration, program evaluation, and to keep you informed about contest. Promoters will only share personal data about entrants with the audience as necessary for them to be able to judge your transformation journey.
By entering this Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Promoters and Judges, as well as, their respective employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors, assigns, advertising and promotional agencies from any liability for any loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person in connection with this Contest or participation in any Contest related activities i.e. the use or misuse of a prize or any portion of a prize including personal injury, death or property damage.
This Contest will run in accordance with these Contest Rules, subject to amendment by the Promoters. The Promoters reserve the right to cancel, amend, modify or terminate this Contest or the Rules at any time in its sole discretion and without notice.
Entrants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules if they participate in the Contest.
We’re looking forward to seeing you at the Naturals Classic!
Adam & Chris
Have a Question?
Please click on the Messenger icon in the bottom right corner of your screen, ask us your question(s), and we'll be happy to help :-)